December 16th, 2016
Two brands I’ve just discovered.
It’s the holidays, and companies are sending me a ton of stuff. Honestly, I’m loving it, cause many are new to me and some products are just amazing.
I was not asked to share anything about these – brands just send out free stuff to internet people all the time – but I was playing around with two specific ones yesterday and was very impressed with their products, so I figured I would write about them!
(Also cause I haven’t been too active in here lately, and wanted to stop by).
I believe the first one offers a subscription service, and when the postman came with the parcel, he looked at me confused cause it was sent to “CutiePie” and he couldn’t understand how that could be my name – haha.
I picked out the products I was most interested in testing out, and I’m glad they came with a little book to read through so I could learn how to apply them. Most are your regular makeup items, but one in particular – that small jar – is a super creamy highlighter (which I didn’t figure out at first).
And so I created the makeup look you can see at the beginning of this post, left untouched so you would see coverage, shimmer, pigmentation and so on.
Just in case you are wondering, on my eyebrows I used the Archery Brow Kit by Soap&Glory; for eyeliner, the Supercat by Soap&Glory; and for eyeshadow, the Peach Palette by TooFaced.
Here are my notes, about each product I used:
- Foundation: loved it! Somehow it matched my skin tone perfectly, and it feels light on the skin, but gave me pretty good coverage. I had some spots and redness, but I didn’t even use concealer as I felt like I was covering everything up pretty well already. Blends super easily.
- Cream highlighter: this is intense! I picked up the product with my middle finger, and applied it to my cheekbones, and let me tell you – it made a difference!
- Powder: this is a curious one. It’s white, with a bit of shimmer. It’s very solid, which is something I never noticed in compact powders before. I first applied it to my face with a brush, and couldn’t even tell if I was picking up product. There was no fallouts, no dust going around. So I touched it with my fingers and I realised I was picking it up, but as I said, it’s just very solid. I guess it’s a good thing, considering it felt like nothing on my face, whilst mattifying it, and will probably last longer cause there is no waste.
- Compact highlight: unusual, cause it’s both light and brown together. I was sceptic, but decided to apply it on top of the creamy one and the effect was incredible. If you like a dewy look, this is for you!
- Mascara: this is the only item I tried I didn’t really like. It took me a bunch of coats before I could notice a difference. It’s very natural, and the good thing is that it doesn’t clamp up, but it doesn’t really build up too much, so unless you really want something super natural, I wouldn’t recommend it.
- Lipliner: I didn’t have any, or at least, none of the colours I actually wear, so getting a true red – now that I’ve properly started to wear it – is great, so that I don’t have to worry about the colour bleeding. It made the lipstick application super easy, and stayed on all night.
- Lipstick: another great product. I love the true red colour, and it felt creamy whilst staying put all day and night.
Final notes: I applied this makeup in the early afternoon, and removed it at midnight. the foundation held up well, although it did crease on my smile lines and got a bit oily halfway through. It was an easy fix, as I just powdered it again after dinner, and I was set! The lipstick felt great on my lips, and not once it moved from where I placed it. I was dining with friends, and the only touch op I had to do was after, as it faded a bit, but overall, it left me very impressed.
To complete my look, I applied two nail polishes, a dark burgundy, and the top coat (which I also used as a base coat).
I can tell you that the application was pretty easy, especially because I was sent a little sharp tool which I’ve used to clean up the excess nail polish from my skin, if I made a mistake.
Really liking the colour, it’s looking very nice although last night I’ve been crafting – so that’s good! But I must say… what truly made me like these polishes, is the amazing packaging. 😉
So this is all. Did I introduce you to something new, or where you already familiar with these brands?