April 29th, 2016
We all know it: Koreans got their skincare down.
You simply need to glance at them to notice how flawless their skin is. The beauty industry is huge there, and they have some of the best products to offer. On the other hand, what they didn’t consider so much was the cruelty side of it – most companies, in fact, test on animals.
Well, my friend Britta, which always sends me lovely Korean products, recently opened a new website offering Korean makeup and skincare that are all cruelty free, and mostly vegan!
Her package arrived the other day, and finally last night I had some time to open it up. I was so happy to see that she included a huge variety of products, and not only for me, but even for you marzipans (giveaway at the end), as well as a coupon code – MARZIA10 – you can use if you purchase from her website.
On the very top, she selected some adorable socks for me!
I don’t think she sells these, but I still wanted to show them since they are so cute.
But now, let’s focus on the products that you can actually get: in order to make it easier to follow, I paired them in different groups depending on how I would use them. Also, you will notice they are all from the same brand, which I’ve never heard of before, but it’s called “dear, klairs” and focuses on sensitive skin.
Let’s begin with these 4, which I applied this morning.
- Rich Moist Foaming Cleanser. I normally stay away from foam (although I love touching it) because those kind of cleansers tend to make my face feel tight. This one claimed not to, so I gave it a go. Usually I only wash my face with water in the morning, but today, after using this, I could feel how much cleaner it was. Waking up with a bit of oily skin, only washing with water is more gentle but doesn’t remove everything, while using this cleanser felt very nice (and although it tightened my skin, that feeling only lasted for about 30 seconds).
- Supple Preparation Facial Toner. I used to be big on toners, which I know help with bringing back the balance into your skin. With time I skipped this step, but I’m glad now I can get back to using one! I like this bottle and how big it is, although the scent kind of reminds me of a hospital (nothing too intense, don’t worry). I can’t tell if it did anything yet, but I’m surely going to use it all up and see.
- Rich Moist Soothing Serum. Anything with the word “soothing” in it catches my attention. Having crazy skin that goes from oily to super dry, whilst being very sensitive, I can see this becoming very useful to me. I normally only apply serums at night time, but in this period, as I mentioned in an older skincare post, I have dry patches of skin that need extra help, so this can’t hurt.
- Rich Moist Soothing Cream. Having the same name, it’s clear that these two products are supposed to be paired together, and so I did! The cream got absorbed pretty fast, even though I prefer gel or lotions to wear during the day time, I can’t say it has been bad wearing it so far. It hasn’t caused my skin to look shiny, so it’s all good.
I was sent two makeup products to try, and both seem to be extremely light and natural looking: I’m wearing the Blemish Cream as a base and a bit of the Natural Fit Concealer, and I honestly think you can barely tell I have something on my skin, while making it look much smoother and brighter. I definitely see myself using these two during summertime, when I like to keep my makeup fairly natural.
These 3 products are the ones I wouldn’t use on a daily base, but probably once or twice a week. I have never used a soap for my face so I’m very curious to try it out in a few days, while I have used face masks that come in a sheet and find them absolutely refreshing. I also got way too excited to see the sugar scrub as that is my favourite kind, and I was running out of it, so I needed it!
- At night, I’m going to use this “Gentle Black Deep Cleansing Oil“, but I haven’t tried it yet since I haven’t wore any makeup for the past two days. I am wearing some today, so I will try it out later and let you know;
- I did apply the “Pure Vitamin C” serum, which looks super pretty in that packaging, and it felt lovely on the skin!
- Before going to sleep I also used the “Midnight Blue Calming Cream” and I loved it, it’s very moisturising.
So these are all the stuff Britta sent me – thank you Britta! – but as I said she also thought about you: she sent doubles for everything. Unfortunately, in order for me to keep the giveaway open internationally, I had to remove the bigger products that I knew would get stuck in customs or sent back/rejected. This means I included small and “dry” products that no matter where you live, will be allowed to enter the country. I’m planning to share the remaining doubles with my friends.
There is going to be only 1 winner, getting the products in the picture (all new, of course) so if you want to enter, just leave a comment including the word “MAKEUP” so I can count you it. The giveaway will end today, the 29th, at midnight (UK time) and the winner will be contacted here on my blog with a comment directed to them – so keep an eye out!!
I’m going to use all of these products everyday for a few weeks at least, and if I do notice good results, I will share them with you and tell you more about this Korean skincare system (I know the 10 to 18 step skincare regimen has been working wonderfully for many people). Wish me luck!